Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Prometric is looking for a Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join our dynamic team. We are a small, cohesive and collaborative team of HR professionals, so you’ll be part of an awesome group of people. We are flexible with remote work, but must come to office if needed, 1501 South Clinton Street, Baltimore, MD. Looking for candidates in DC-Baltimore metro area.
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 300 organizations worldwide. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
- Manage domestic Leave Administration activities, including monitoring disability, FMLA and Worker's Compensation claims, reporting from vendor systems, effectively communicating status changes and updates to employees and management, maintaining HRMS status updates and the coordination of payroll activities for all employees on Leave.
- Maintaining and improving Standard Operating Procedures related to Benefits processes and LOA.
- Resolve employee concerns and questions regarding benefit plans and enrollment. Obtain and evaluate all relevant data related to complaints and inquiries.
- Identify and escalate priority issues as necessary. Provide follow up on complicated employee issues.
- Internally communicate policies and procedures specific to benefits and FMLA.
- Provide general support for Compensation and assist with special projects as necessary including span of control, and talent to value.
- Facilitate data analysis for the annual Flexible Spending Non-Discriminate Test and the annual 401k Non-Discrimination test and Audit
- Monitor monthly (quarterly) ACA tracking in coordination with Benefit Enrollment – conduct quarterly analysis.
- Respond to vendor request for information.
- Evaluating and maintaining business process rules.
- Interpret, counsel, communicate and educate managers, associates and HR teams on Health and Wellness policies and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED; college graduate preferred
- Minimum of 3 years compensation, benefits, and administrative experience in a fast-paced HR environment
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations e.g., ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Healthcare Reform, Section 125 and Section 401(k) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to explain complex information in an understandable and clear manner
- Detailed-oriented and demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to set and execute priorities amidst a heavy workload with deadlines
- Ability to work under general supervision and instruction
- Ability to identify opportunities to provide customer service excellence
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people throughout the organization and external vendors
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with specific time constraints
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint strongly preferred. Candidates with Ceridian/Dayforce HRMS experience preferred.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Prometric is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA