Global Product Manager
This role will play an integral role in Amlan’s success by supporting existing and new products for all segments of our animal nutrition and health markets. The position will initially be focused on developing and implementing product marketing strategies to increase Amlan’s market share for our products specifically in the poultry industry within our target geographies, but the successful candidate will also have the background and experience to expand our efforts rapidly into swine, ruminants, companion animals and aqua when commercially prioritized. To accomplish this, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, be comfortable driving cross-functional marketing and technical initiatives and the competence to assist in implementing a strategic roadmap related to the product and diagnostic services portfolio that Amlan will commercialize for these segments.
The individual will act as a key liaison among internal functions and external experts related to the pipeline and commercial portfolio, and well as be a key participant as Amlan makes mid/long-term decisions on new product investments and the slotting of new products into our target markets. Direct experience working with Development Teams as well as with Sales and Logistics/Supply Chain will be important to the applicant’s success. The role will be responsible for helping drive implementation of marketing and promotional strategies for the segment, and a key member of the Team managing the success of these activities globally both with our Amlan Sales Team as well as with our network of Distribution Partners around the globe.
We will seek individuals with strong ethics who are a good fit with Amlan/Oil-Dri’s corporate values and culture. Excellent collaboration and teamwork are required. A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to lead/influence through others, but also execute key responsibilities directly is a must.
Professional Competencies and Key Job Functions:
- Deep experience in Product (Product-Line) Management and/or commercial-focused roles; a strong background in Technology/Pipeline Management is also desired
- Understanding of Business Development and experience working in a dynamic and growing international business
- Deep understanding of how to promote a successful “value package” for our products as well as demonstrate a strong customer and Amlan ROI
- Experience developing and implementing Go to Market (GTM) strategies and ongoing marketing support strategies for all market segments (monogastric – 1st priority) including tactical plan development in collaboration with our Field Sales Team
- Ability to work with external Distributors and Agents with solid knowledge of how to develop and manage channels to market
- Broad experience in agriculture with a solid understanding of animal production and the global commodities market
- Direct experience working/collaborating with international sales teams, assisting with the development and launch of new products and developing and implementing product marketing plans
- In-depth knowledge of the monogastric segment (swine and poultry) preferred including knowledge of common production practices in both vertically coordinated and vertically integrated frameworks
- General understanding of regulatory policy and how this will affect our approaches with product marketing by world-area
- Background in collecting and analyzing market intelligence for competitor analysis, as well as determining current/future market needs for new technologies that Amlan could develop in our pipeline
Adhere to the following key Amlan and Oil-Dri policies:
- Credit Policies
- Quality Assurance and Safety Policies
- Travel and Expense Report Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Sales Price Management Policy
- Other Amlan Intl. policies as appropriate
- Cross functional leadership skills to leverage the full capabilities of the organization for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence, sell, enjoys negotiating solutions/ communicates effectively and efficiently and in a courteous and complete manner.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to develop and implement the marketing strategies and product development initiatives necessary to achieve our growth targets.
- Sees things that need to be done and undertakes them on own initiative.
- Volunteers and accepts challenging assignments, is viewed as a self-starter.
- Demonstrates expertise in their own field, serves as a resource to others, shares knowledge and is frequently engaged by others to help solve problems in their area of expertise.
- Effectively gathers, researches, analyzes, and assimilates information and uses sound logic and critical thinking to address issues and problems. Generates and selects effective solutions.
- Appropriately changes one’s approach in response to new information and continuously adapts to change.
- Deals with uncertainty and is willing to act when called on with available information when time is of the essence.
- Responsively addresses the needs of both internal and external customer/stakeholders and ensures that customer service is top priority.
- Listens carefully to what customers, influencers, stakeholders are concerned or interested in and seeks to partner to find win-win solutions.
- Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with a wide range of individuals and is approachable.
- Actively listens to the issues and concerns of others and able to establish effective and productive rapport with others.
- Willing to compromise when needed to find solutions to resolve conflict.
- Plans, manages, and monitors work responsibility to ensure effective accomplishments of individual and/or team objectives.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Innovation Center, 777 Forest Edge Dr, Vernon Hills, Illinois, États-Unis d’Amérique
- Oil-Dri Corporation of America, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois, États-Unis d’Amérique