Mill Turn Machinist
We are looking for a Mill Turn Machinist for 2nd shift at our Fort Wayne, IN location.
What You’ll Do:
Perform all set-up and operational functions of CNC Mill Turn machines required to fabricate medical instruments and implants.
- Operate, set-up and maintain CNC mill turn machines, finish machines, hand tools, and fixtures.
- Read and interpret blue prints, inspection check-sheets and instructions.
- Use basic inspection tools, such as calipers, micrometers, height stands, comparators etc.
- Burr removal on all parts where required.
- Make machine adjustments, tool changes, etc. as required.
- Interface with Visual Labor Entry system and monitor work orders.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the supervisor.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who you are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- A reliable worker who knows the importance of showing up when it counts
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math skills are needed to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and understand product and manufacturing prints.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Knowledge of CNC turning lathe machines
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background check that includes drug testing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA