Americorps CHC Member
Summary: Zufall Health’s AmeriCorps program is an 11-month program where people volunteer their time by addressing the ongoing barriers for care. AmeriCorps members serve at one of our health centers sites in northern New Jersey. They work through outreach to address individual challenges and health system barriers faced by Zufall's patient population. Our population includes farm workers, people experiencing homelessness, public housing residents, veterans, and people living with HIV/AIDS. Many come from poor, minority communities with significant barriers to accessing health care. Members also deliver health education on topics including chronic diseases like diabetes, asthma and HIV/AIDS, prevention of childhood obesity through nutrition and exercise, proper oral health, wellness programs, healthy teen pregnancies, and access to health insurance. AmeriCorps members do not provide health services related to prohibited activities.
Member Duties: Members will conduct community outreach to improve access to primary medical and dental care. They will provide health education on a variety of topics to patients and the community. Members will also enroll people into Medicaid and affordable insurance.
- Training on assigned duties will be provided.
- Stipend will be earned over the 11-month span on a biweekly basis.
- Childcare assistance is available if eligible.
- Education award upon successful completion of service.
- Health Coverage can be provided for those in need.
- A car, or reliable source of transportation is highly recommended. Some of our sites are in close proximity to NJ Transit lines.
- Flexibility. Ability to attend school or work another job.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- Members are expected to commit to the entire duration of the program
- Out of state members are welcome!
You will gain:
- Leadership, teamwork, and public speaking skills.
- Experience in medicine, public health, and social services.
- Access to a wide network of highly skilled providers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Morristown, NJ 07960, USA