Certified Medical Assistant
Zufall Health is expanding its services and in search of a Medical Assistant in our new Plainsboro location! Under the direct supervision of the PCMH Care Coordinator (PCC) or Site Supervisor and under a matrix system of supervision and guidance of the Director of Nursing, the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) assists patients and their families in all aspects of their clinical interaction with their provider. The CMA is an integral part of the Care Team and ensures that all patients have optimal health outcomes. This is a full-time position reporting to our Princeton Hospital Plainsboro Site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patient and family cordially at every visit, using cultural sensitivity and customer service skills. At end of visit, escort patient to check out and ensure that concerns and questions were addressed.
- Assist providers within the patient care team with the care of patients including obtaining information on reason for visit, medical history, social history, family history, medications, allergies, vital signs, and others. Responsible for entering information into the electronic medical records, verifying accuracy and reviewing answers at subsequent visits.
- Ask patients if they have recently seen another provider, received new medications or were recently in the hospital. Obtain and update record with this information, and obtain discharge summaries and other information from the hospital interface.
- Participate in Care Team meetings (i.e. huddles) to prepare for patient visits and anticipate needs.
- Assist in providing translation if needed or obtaining access to language line if the provider indicates.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patients by following HIPPA regulations and policies and procedures set for by the Zufall Health Center.
- Remain present in the exam room during pelvic, breast, genital and rectal examinations. May remain in the exam room for other evaluations unless the provider indicates that there is no need. If that is the case, the MA will remain close to the examination area so as to be available should the provider need them.
- Inform provider that patient is ready and review clinical information to expedite visit. Maintain doors to exam room closed while patient is waiting for provider.
- Assist in the educational process during and after the visit, including translation of instructions, reviewing of materials, answering questions, and ensuring that all questions are addressed by provider.
- Ensure that patient understands instructions and obtains a follow up appointment if indicated by the provider.
- Participate in collaborative initiatives and PDSA’s as directed by PCC, Director of Nursing, and Chief Medical Officer
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Have active certifications for EKG and Phlebotomy (or will be testing within 6 months for certifications)
- Have current BLS certification
- Minimum 6 months experience in clinical/medical setting preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Job Family Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Plainsboro Township, NJ, USA