Zufall Health is expanding its services and in search for a Patient Representative at our Dover site! The Patient Representative (PR) acts as a greeter to patients entering Zufall Health Center as well answer the telephone, complete registration, and conduct intake as needed. The PR directs patients to the appropriate destination, answers questions, and explains processes, as well as reviews required documentation and checks eligibility. Most importantly, the PR supports the mission and vision of the Zufall Health Center.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently adheres to all departmental policies and procedures
- Conducts all aspects of job in a professional and ethical manner
- Works independently with little or no supervision but uses available resources for problem resolution as indicated by circumstances or need
- Completes assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains high level of confidentially.
- Works collaboratively with team members to assure the optimal outcomes of care and service.
- Utilizes departmental resources prudently and appropriately.
- Uses communication methods which create and foster a positive image of the department, upholding the values of the Zufall Health Center.
- Communicates appropriately both verbally and in writing; uses appropriate mechanisms for identifying and resolving work related issues.
- Keeps manager or supervisor informed of work related issues at all times.
- Performs additional duties as determined by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, and electronic medical records.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to work with very little supervision.
- Be able to adapt quickly to unanticipated changes in work flow or work process, or frequent changes in insurances rules and coverage changes.
- Be able to understand, carry out, and remember verbal and written instructions.
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
Education, Training and Experience
- High School diploma required; college credit or additional education in medical field or insurance and billing courses preferred
- Possess a current, unrestricted New Jersey operator license issued by the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles, or be able to efficiently and effectively use public transportation in order to be able to travel to other sites as needed.
- Have minimum of 1 year experience in customer service field, or 1 year of experience in collecting money or billing and insurances preferred
- Experience in a clinical/ambulatory care setting preferred
- Job Family Non-Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Dover, NJ, USA