Family Practice Physician
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the internist provides direct clinical care to patients at the health center. The internist is a member of Care Team with the purpose of providing evidenced-based and quality medical care to Zufall Health Center patients.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides primary care for patients of the Zufall Health Center, including but not limited to diagnostic and therapeutic assessments, treatment of conditions and illnesses within the scope of practice, referral and follow-up of patients, and other duties as assigned. Ensures continuity of care of patients.
- Leads assigned clinical support staff within the patient care team to provide excellent and accessible preventive, acute and chronic care to established patients and to address the needs of patients and their families.
- Participates in night and weekend call coverage in rotation with other providers as assigned. Assists with weekend, night and early morning hours of operations and adjusts schedule as needed.
- Assists patients in obtaining community resources, referrals and other services as clinically indicated by the center’s diverse populations. Assists the Medical Director in accessing services for the center and its patients with the local provider community, including physicians, hospitals and laboratories.
- Participates in clinical performance improvement activities and conducts peer reviews of colleague’s charts as assigned. Attends regular meetings of the medical staff and other meetings as deemed necessary by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Participates in clinic operations by ensuring compliance according to local, state and federal rules and regulations, and ensures that licensing, credentialing and educational activities are kept current and up to date. Contributes to and follows established policies and protocols for clinical care.
- Participates in community health initiatives including health fairs and other educational activities as directed. Participates in in-service educational programs and continuing education. Teaches and trains other health center staff and students as needed.
- Maintains membership in professional and organizational associations, as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
Education, Training and Experience
- MD or DO Degree with Board-Certification in a primary care specialty including Internal Medicine, Combined Med/Peds, or Family Practice.
- Successful completion of residency program accredited by ACGME or AOA in a medical specialty related to services provided by facility or diplomat of one of the certifying boards approved by the American Board of Medical Specialists or AOA.
- Possession of a current, valid license to practice medicine in New Jersey in good standing.
- Possession of a valid DEA and CDS registration.
- BLS and ACLS Certifications
- Minimum 1 year clinical practice or experience providing direct patient care in an ambulatory care setting.
- Loan Repayment up to $250,000 through HRSA
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Provider Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other perks & discounts!
- Pay Type Salary
- Dover, NJ, USA
- Hackettstown, NJ 07840, USA
- Morristown, NJ 07960, USA
- Newton, NJ 07860, USA
- Plainsboro Township, NJ, USA
- Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
- West Orange, NJ 07052, USA