Award-winning Zufall Health is in search of a part-time dentist! Under the general direction of the Chief of Dental the dentist provides direct dental care to patients at the health center. The dentist is a member of the health center’s clinical team with the purpose of providing evidenced-based and quality dental care to Zufall Health Center patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides primary dental care for patients of the Zufall Health Center , including but not limited to diagnostic and therapeutic assessments, treatment of conditions and illnesses within the scope of practice, referral and follow-up of patients, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists patients in obtaining community resources, referrals and other services as clinically indicated by the center’s diverse populations. Assists the Medical Director in accessing services for the center and its patients with the local provider community, including physicians, hospitals and laboratories.
- Participates in clinical performance improvement activities and conducts peer reviews of colleague’s charts as assigned. Assists in the training and orientation of dental assistants and other students. Attends regular meetings of the medical staff and other meetings as deemed necessary by the Medical Director. Assists in the development of written objectives and policies for the provision of dental services.
- Participates in clinic operations by ensuring compliance according to local, state and federal rules and regulations, and ensures that licensing, credentialing and educational activities are kept current and up to date. Contributes to and follows established policies and protocols for clinical care.
- Participates in community health initiatives including health fairs and other educational activities as directed.
- Maintains membership in professional and organizational associations as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Possession of a current license to practice dentistry in New Jersey .
- Possession of a valid DEA and CDS registration.
- BLS Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to relate well to a diverse group of patients and staff.
- Able and willing to work on as needed basis in order to meet operational needs of the clinic.
- Proficient with computers, and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
Licensure as a dentist in the state of New Jersey .
Minimum 2 years clinical dental practice in an ambulatory care setting.
Knowledge of federal programs and community health centers a plus.
Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
- Job Family Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Doctorate
- Dover, NJ, USA