Under the director and supervision of the Program Director, the Scheduling Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling in assigned departments. Accountable for administrative duties, problem solving, and team member communications.
1. Coordinates schedules for staff at assigned programs
2. Managing the daily activities of the schedules
3. Reviews and approves time in DayForce as well as tracking time off requests
4. Able to effectively communicate relevant information to necessary
departments and individual team members when applicable.
5. Assist with the orientation of new team members
6. Demonstrates good judgement and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
7. Demonstrates good judgement in respecting the confidentiality of team member information.
8. Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
9. Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal direction.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 1-2 years of customer service and/or childcare experience preferred
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Must demonstrate and ability to work independently in a fast paced, goal oriented environment
5. Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
6. Must be detail oriented
1. Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training and Child Abuse Prevention.
2. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of hire date.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long
periods of time.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
4. Position may require bending, leaning, lifting, kneeling, and walking in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- 7171 Goodlett Farms Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38016, USA