Assistant Teacher - School Age Child Care (SACC)
With more than 80,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Assistant Teacher - Before & After School Care - School Age Childcare
Branch: Brandywine YMCA
Location: Coatesville, PA
Shifts/Availability: Monday-Friday, various shifts available at our sites located throughout the Coatesville Area School District
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Position Purpose: The Brandywine YMCA is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and caring Assistant Teacher to join our School Age Childcare team. The Assistant Teacher will provide quality childcare while maintaining a safe and nurturing environment.
- Assists with classroom activities, meal times and implementation of developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Maintains a healthy and engaging childcare learning environment as well as a clean and risk-free room arrangement.
- Gears the activity to needs of the individual child, with concern for their interest, challenges, special talents and pace of learning.
- Interacts with the children to encourage their development and involvement in activities and treats each child with dignity and respect.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive relationship with families, keeping parents/guardians well informed regarding the child’s growth and development.
- Maintains maintenance records, including, but not limited to: accident and incident reports, sign in/out sheets, attendance records.
- Attends all staff meetings and recommended training programs.
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the development levels of children.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and 30 credit hours of early childhood, elementary or related human services field education, or 15 college credit hours and one year experience related to the care and development of children or high school diploma and 2,500 hours of service
- Must have ability to interact positively with children and communicate professionally with parents. Successful candidate must be a team player and be able to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to effectively use technology for programmatic needs
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Making a difference in a child’s life every day.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Working for a diverse and inclusive community based non-profit
- Free individual membership (or discounted family membership), valid with active employment and includes program discounts throughout the YMCA of Greater Brandywine Association.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brandywine YMCA, 295 Hurley Rd., 295 Hurley Road, Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States of America