Operate and maintain plant equipment. This is a full- time hourly position, reporting to the Plant Supervisor in Boston, MA. This position is a member of the Bargaining Unit Member of the IUOE, Local 877.
• Take schedule readings.
• Blow down boilers, water columns and glasses.
• Collect water samples, perform analysis and add chemicals as required.
• Maintain proper external cleanliness of boilers and related areas.
• Maintain proper lubrication of equipment.
• Keep Assistant Watch Engineer and Control Room Operator informed of changes in equipment conditions.
• Check, clean, and change burners and fuel oil strainers.
• Start and stop auxiliary equipment.
• Operate soot blowers.
• Stick oil tanks to determine levels.
• Assist in training other Auxiliary Operators.
• Perform other duties as required to insure continuous operation of the steam plant.
• Assist others as required.
• All other related duties.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have the ability to distinguish between different shades of color and transcribe numbers accurately.
• Massachusetts 2nd Class Fireman License.
• Valid Driver’s License to operate company vehicles
• Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators (PAPR) or proper safety procedures warrant use.
• Required to lift and / or operate machinery, tools, etc., weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
• Required to work in confined spaces.
• Required climbing ladders, and / or stairs.
• Required to work in all adverse conditions, both indoors and outdoors all seasons.
• Required to work in hot areas.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.