Performs installation, maintenance, repair, and testing of various types of instruments. This is a full- time hourly position, reporting to the Plant Supervisor in Boston, MA. This position is a member of the Bargaining Unit Member of the IUOE, Local 877.
• Performs installation, maintenance, repair, and testing of various types of instruments.
• Implement and oversee the maintenance program for test equipment including calibration, preventive maintenance, auditing, and control functions.
• Analyze performance problems associated with equipment and follow through with necessary maintenance and repair.
• Review the performance data generated on various equipment; summarize the results and issue periodic status reports.
• Participate in the procurement and evaluation of new equipment.
• Provide instructions to operating groups on the proper method and use of equipment.
• Assist in the implementation of new calibration methods and techniques.
• Installs, overhauls, repairs and maintains all types of instrument devices.
• Uses all hand and power tools to maintain / repair equipment.
• In conjunction with department supervision develops maintenance and construction techniques for operating and maintenance manuals.
• Keeps work areas clean and orderly and maintain safe working conditions.
• Prepares technical data related to tests, repairs and modifications.
• Updates instrument drawings.
• Assist in training other Instrumentation Technicians.
• Assist others as required.
• All other related duties.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
• Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators (PAPR) or proper safety procedures warrant use.
• Required to lift and / or operate machinery, tools, etc., weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
• Required to work in confined spaces.
• Required climbing ladders, and / or stairs.
• Required to work in all adverse conditions, both indoors and outdoors all seasons.
• Required to work in hot areas.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.