We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Finance Associate.
This important role will assist the Capital Markets team in acquiring external capital including support in the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable securities and through the securitization of loans, analyzing the assets and liabilities at Virginia Housing, generating on-going disclosure material and ensuring compliance with the requirements of various bond resolutions. The Finance Associate will work collaboratively with Virginia Housing associates and managers on both formal and informal interdivisional operational and project teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in acquisition of external capital by determining bond maturity schedules using software such as DBC Housing, supporting the preparation of offering documents and providing information to rating agencies
- Developing mortgage loan restructure and refinancing alternatives by analyzing mortgage loan documents and financing sources while taking into account current policies, note restrictions and bond rules and communicate results effectively
- Interacting with the Mortgage Loan Underwriting Team, internal counsel and outside counsel to prepare loans for financing. Actively participating in interdivisional loan meetings by providing advice and identifying issues to be resolved before financing
- Financial analysis to include yield runs, cash flow analysis, data extraction from our multifamily system Prolink and production of mortgage loan pricing on a regular basis
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or other relevant degree and/or applicable work experience
- Experience in finance or lending with relevant duties, including the analysis of complex commercial transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating agreements and financial instruments
- A few years of experience working in a finance department
- Excellent written and oral communication with ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High attention to detail
Preferred experience includes M.B.A or Masters of Finance, CFA, several years of experience in capital acquisition including the structuring, issuance and management of tax-exempt and taxable housing bonds and/or the securitization of loans, experience in mortgage lending industry.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, January 7, 2022.
Hiring Range: $95,308 - $123,897
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $95,308.00
- Max Hiring Rate $123,897.00
- Richmond, VA, USA