Public Relations Manager
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Public Relations Manager. As a key member of the Communications team, the Public Relations Manager will focus on driving awareness for Virginia Housing’s narrative as a national leader in affordable housing. We’re on an exciting journey to tell our story and our role/importance of affordable housing in Virginia. We’re looking for an expert in Public Relations strategy—a true storyteller that thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Someone who loves to ideate, write, and work closely with media and influencers. As a strategic problem-solver you’ll collaborate closely with leaders across the business and marketing organization. The role will report to the Director of Communications.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing and implementing Virginia Housing’s public relations strategy.
• Oversee and maintain relationships with the media. You have a keen eye for news and understand trends, can seek out relevant events and opportunities where our CEO and leadership team can tell our story.
• Coordinating television and newspaper interviews regarding Virginia Housing events.
• Responding to media inquiries.
• Ideating, crafting and distributing press releases. Pitch major story opportunities for the media.
• Building talking points, including executive talking points for media, or other external events, as needed.
• Planning and providing media training to key staff- to include interview training, crisis communication training, etc.
• Managing two full-time associates.
• As requested, will review and edit external speeches, newsletters, documents and other written materials for to ensure quality of writing, clarity of message, consistency with policy direction, and content accuracy.
Qualified candidates must possess:
• Five (5) years of experience performing in a public relations role for a PR firm or as an in-house PR specialist. Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field.
• A creative mind. Ability to thrive on both proactive and reactive PR projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm in a crisis.
• Proficiency in MS Office and with social media
Preferred experience includes:
• Supervisory experience.
• APR certification a plus, but not required.
• Media contacts and press relationships throughout Virginia a plus.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $82,879 - $107,741
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $82,879.00
- Max Hiring Rate $107,741.00
- Richmond, VA, USA