Within the highly agile environment of the QDivison Technology Startup within UniGroup, the DevOps Engineer will work closely with a team of fellow DevOps Engineers to focus on the efficient operation of developer solutions, productivity, and processes. She or he will architect solid technical design approaches to operations in a large scale data environment, is responsible for maintaining and building cloud-based solutions, and manages multiple products in production, pre-production, quality, performance and development environments. The ideal candidate operates effectively in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with team of DevOps software engineers to ensure efficient operation of daily activities, developer productivity and continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Responsible for the timely delivery and reliability of operational processes within multiple environments.
- Directly interfaces with the engineering and product leadership to architect solid technical design and approach to operations.
- Builds, supports and maintains cloud-based solutions.
- Responsible for the development of the automation of deployment of the unit’s enterprise software to cloud environments.
- Coordinates efforts to help drive the effectiveness of processes under which team operates and delvers releases.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 1-5 Years’ Experience in Agile Environment building complex, scalable and high-performance data centric system software architectures, preferably with Hadoop, AWS and other big data/open source technologies.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA