BROKERAGE - LOGISTICS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Supports the execution of complicated routing logistics transactions, including operational activity, price negotiations, and agent/customer communication utilizing both tactical and strategic problem solving methods.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- MUST have previous experience in brokerage and a LTL carrier focus.
- Solves complicated requests that do not fit into a pre-established program/well-defined process.
- Recruits qualified, strategically-located agents for logistics customers.
- Receives customer orders and defines the execution methodology.
- Performs payment negotiations with agents, carriers, or other service providers to assure acceptable profit.
- As needed, negotiates revenue with the customer.
- Assists customers with inquiries and provides assurance of quality service.
- Identifies exception transactions, determines problems and resolutions, and executes corrections.
- Triggers general ledger transactions to invoice customers and pay providers.
- Assists in monitoring accounts receivable levels and collecting receivables.
- Monitors project executions and assures data integrity of spreadsheets and system activities. Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in logistics
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA