FLEET SAFETY LIAISON
Ensures compliance with all company safety policies and procedures and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs). Responsible for assessment of fines for violations listed in the Progressive Disciplinary Program and problem-solving agency/van operator performance issues. Provides quality service to agents and van operators in the safety area.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of and complies with FMCSRs and UniGroup corporate safety policies.
- Possesses knowledge of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) commercial motor vehicle/driver Out-of-Service requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of ELD products and related federal regulations.
- Supports UniGroup Safety progressive discipline policies by identifying and assisting van operators and agents that have safety infractions due to unsafe driving, accidents, unqualified usage, late, falsified or improperly completed daily logs, hours-of-service violations, vehicle maintenance and driver fitness.
- Conducts counsel calls and interventions with van operators and Agency Safety Representatives (ASRs) to educate and change behaviors to limit future violations of the FMCSRs.
- Reviews Carrier Profile for safety violations documented at roadside inspections; processes updates and corrections as needed through FMCSA rebuttal system.
- Monitors programs to improve compliance and safety performance
- Coordinates accident reporting information for Insurance, Claims, Operations and Legal.
- Investigates unsafe driving complaints and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Communicates with ELD vendor to resolve issues and concerns related to device and portal.
- Communicates with agents the importance of the FMCSA’s CSA initiative to ensure compliance and works with them to improve their SPR through positive reinforcement
- Follows all ISO, environmental and sustainability policies.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Transportation, Communications or equivalent experience desired.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the transportation industry or related field.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA