LEAD INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Under general direction, responsible for the development and implementation of information security procedures and technology required to protect company information assets and resources. Provides project management-level guidance and acts as liaison between other organizational units for security-related projects.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs/oversees periodic risks assessments to identify current/future security vulnerabilities, determines the acceptable level of risk, and prepares recommendations to reduce information security risks to an acceptable level.
- Analyzes data and prepares statistical exception reports.
- Periodically initiates quality measurement studies to determine if the information security functions operate in a consistent manner with standard industry practices.
- Develops action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports, etc. to improve the status of the information security function.
- Provides technical guidance regarding risks and control measures associated with new and emerging technology.
- Prepares and periodically updates information security policies, architectures, standards, and/or other technical documents to ensure all resources are adequately protected.
- Interprets information security policies, standards, and other requirements as they relate to internal information systems.
- Assists in the selection, installation, and adoption of automated tools that enforce or monitor the compliance of information security policies, procedures, standards, and other information security requirements.
- Recommends new approaches that allow greater standardization and more effective management of information security measures.
- Ensures adequate audit trails exist for the detection, investigation, correction, and/or disciplinary action related to information security breaches, violations, and other incidents.
- Participates as a technical advisor for a variety of ad-hoc information security projects as dictated by business and technology developments.
- Coordinates information security efforts for internal groups that have security-related responsibilities.
- Investigates methods to implement information security-related technologies to achieve the goals found in the Strategic Plan.
- Completes specific aspect of projects.
- Maintains expertise of current security issues, trends, and technologies by attending conferences, professional association meetings, and technical symposiums.
- Mentors departmental associates to assure that the highest level of security is achieved.
- May assume managerial responsibilities of departmental staff in the absence of Manager, Information Security.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Programming or equivalent experience.
- 10-12 years’ experience in the support development and implementation of security or security concepts and risk analysis
are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status
protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA