TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST: AGENCY OPERATIONS
Under general direction, creates service solutions for customers’ shipments using available capacity, ensuring on-time pick-up and delivery performance consistent with corporate objectives. Communicates with agents, van operators, vendors, and other personnel to maximize capacity utilization, profitability, and service while adhering to van line policies and procedures.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and approves orders to available capacity in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
- Documents agents’ positive and negative performances.
- Maximizes line haul revenue on loads planned, and maintains lists of available capacity. (Empty lists, inbound trucks, etc.)
- Independently communicates and negotiates with the agency system concerning order, assignment changes and unique orders requirements.
- Communicates with other Transportation Specialist, dispatchers, van operators, vendors, and customers.
- Reviews and maintains proper van operator rating assignments for monitored account shipments.
- Monitors agency workflow screens and communicates with the agents/ van operators to maximize utilization of equipment and other resources.
- Ensure weighing and reweighing procedures are followed.
- Enforces and ensures compliance with Home Office and Federal/State policies and regulations.
- Bundles and reviews orders, responds to quotes (TAG requests), sends G-11 notices, ensures that monitored customers are properly serviced, reviews pertinent reports and completes necessary documentation
- Makes independent financial decisions within limits established while keeping expenditures within department guidelines.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in transportation/logistics
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA