AVP Relationship Management
The Assistant Vice President, Relationship Management job responsibilities include building and maintaining positive and constructive relationships with clients. Primarily responsible for client satisfaction, the role covers all aspects of client relationships, including strategic planning, client advocacy, problem-solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and cross-selling, requiring a blend of leadership and management skill sets founded on industry-specific knowledge and experience. The role also includes creating and managing Ultimus LeverPoint’s engagement strategy for achieving internal and client strategic objectives for a portfolio of key clients, with a focus on
protecting revenue, increasing profitability, decreasing risk, and growing client relationships. This position works closely with Operations management, and is responsible for collaboration and assistance in solutioning challenging client situations or needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Responsible for high levels of client satisfaction through deep understanding of clients, our business, and the alternative fund administration industry;
- Collaborate closely with Ultimus LeverPoint Operations teams and other internal stakeholders for optimal outcomes;
- Coordinate production of client-facing materials such as proposals, agreement amendments, and presentations, providing direct support as needed;
- Contribute to Ultimus LeverPoint success through effective client relationships enabling the achievement of firm sales growth;
- Resolve any client complaints promptly and professionally;
- Serve as Ultimus LeverPoint brand ambassador;
- Maintain a high standard of business ethics;
- Understand the problems and challenges of clients and identify ways our business could better address those needs;
- Use effective and appropriate communication channels based on client profile and preference;
- Provide excellent client service, and assist others in doing the same, to maintain a positive reputation for the business;
- Participate in one-on-one meetings with clients to explain services to guide their choices;
- Seek opportunities to cross-sell or upsell to existing clients;
- Monitor and assess the activities of our competitors to proactively satisfy and retain our clients;
- Support firm projects and initiatives;
- Build, manage, further develop, and leverage relationships with centers of influence;
- Spearhead challenging client negotiations;
- Work with internal stakeholders to solution client problems;
- Provide support to departmental efforts for compiling, reporting, and analyzing key metrics;
- Perform general relationship management duties to support organizational goals;
- Maintain client information and pipeline in CRM database;
- Prepare executive reporting on a period basis;
- Work on special projects as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient relationship management skills for building, fostering, and maintaining positive and strong professional relationships, with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and active listening
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of professionalism in the performance of duties;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituencies of all levels;
- Knowledge and application of relationship management best practices;
- Devotion to high-quality client service;
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities;
- Keen negotiation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and research abilities;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, strong attention to detail and to effectively provide team members and others with information and assistance as needed;
- Ability to multi-task between different tasks and internal demands throughout the day;
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities;
- Sound computer and technical skills, including the use of MS Office Suite and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years of private equity knowledge
- 5+ years’ (relevant) experience in Relationship Management, Operations Management, Project Management, or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to actively listen; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- At times, as business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand;
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10lbs and;
- Specific vision abilities are required within this position.
- Occasional travel (approximately 25% or less) may be required in this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees to perform the essential functions.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
- Boston, MA 02116, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA