10001 - EMR Driver
The basic function of the EMR Driver is to provide medical assistance to the EMT-B, within their scope of practice, and transportation for a patient at the Emergency Medical Service Driver (EMR Driver) level. The job includes obtaining the appropriate patient care information, billing information, and completing any additional forms or duties as stipulated by the Company. This individual must interface with other employees, professionals from our accounts, as well as patients and their families.
The EMR Driver has responsibility to drive and assist the EMT-B including lifting and moving of patients.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Must demonstrate adequate levels of First Aid and CPR as an EMR Driver, including the ability to move patients up and down stairs and in and out of the ambulance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· To provide appropriate patient care as stipulated in their training as an EMR Driver.
· To provide safe transportation, to include accurately discerning street names through map reading, the ability to correctly distinguish house numbers, and addresses of business locations, in the most expedient manner, is essential.
· To provide appropriate documentation for billing information.
- To maintain the vehicle in sanitary condition, in addition to monitoring all fluid levels and gauges.
· The EMR Driver is responsible for the provision of safe and appropriate medical care within his/her scope of practice, and the current standard of care.
· The EMR Driver is accountable to the Medical Control Authority for the EMS system in which Superior Ambulance Service is operating.
· He/she is accountable to the Station Manager. The EMR Driver is empowered to provide safe and appropriate care and comfort for the patient (our customers) within their scope of practice.
· High school diploma or equivalency.
- Current State Driver’s License/ Driving Report.
- Current EMR Certification.
- *We can help you obtain your EMR Credentials.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Evanston, IL, USA