Administrative Assistant-College Counseling
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, College Counseling
Department: College Counseling
Reports to: Director of College Counseling
Job Status: Part time, non-exempt, hourly rate commensurate with experience
Work Schedule: 30 hours per week when school is in session, reduced hours (10 hours per week) during the summer vacation
The administrative assistant for college counseling (AA) is responsible for managing numerous specialized projects, complex processes, and the daily operation of the college counseling center. Reporting to the director of college counseling, the AA provides direct administrative
support to the college counseling team in all matters related to college advising, application processing, and standardized test administration.
College Center Support Duties
•Assist with testing coordination, and proctor testing as needed (PSAT, SAT, ACT, and AP)
•Assist eligible students with SAT, ACT, and other test fee waivers
•Help edit college counseling newsletter and other documents or letters as needed
•Help produce and maintain college counseling presence on social media and website, in collaboration with the communications team
• Coordinate with college tour operator for two college tours annually
•Some evening or weekend events may be required
Testing Coordinator Duties
•Manage testing registration process, order and distribute exams and related materials, maintain secure storage at all times, oversee all aspects
of exam administration, process completed exams and invoice
Strong attention to detail; excellent time management skills; ability to work independently to meet deadlines; highest standard of
professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality in working with a broad spectrum of constituents.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: Three to five years of administrative assistant experience; SCOIR experience preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Operational knowledge of web-related technologies, Google Suite applications and Gmail.
This job operates in a professional office environment with a mixture of guests/visitors including young students/parents and professionals.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment including a computer, photocopier/fax and filing cabinet.
The essential functions and skills have been included but should not be considered as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills,
duties, etc. Additional responsibilities and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
● The ideal candidate would possess as many of the attributes and have as much of the desired experience as listed.
● The School is a tobacco free environment and an equal opportunity employer.
● Stevenson is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
● Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, January 5, 2022
- 3152 Forest Lake Rd, Pebble Beach, CA 93953, USA