Material Handling Laborer
Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Team Members come to CMT for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful Team Member candidate will safely perform the basic tasks required to load, unload and move bulk products including aggregates, salt, and fertilizers at our Marine Terminal located in Wilmington, NC.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with us!
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- (6) Paid Holidays
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunities for Growth
What you'll be doing
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures to support safe work operations
- Provide assistance unloading vessels, railcar loading, light maintenance, and the ability and desire to learn to operate heavy equipment.
- Complete and maintain required daily paperwork
- Housekeeping duties, including shoveling, washing down of work areas, and keeping restrooms, break rooms and work rooms clean and tidy
- Assist Maintenance personnel, as needed and directed
- Occasionally work in areas outside of your normal duties, when instructed by Supervision
Requirements of a successful Team Member
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Possess Environmental & Safety awareness
- Must be able to work a rotating (days/nights)12-hour shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- High School or GED
- 1-year marine, plant, or industrial experience preferred
- Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
- Team Members are routinely required to work outdoors and as a result are exposed to the elements
- Physically able to handle large tools, climb on and off equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Wilmington, NC, USA