CDL Driver - Street Sweeping
Our dedicated industry experts have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit: www.SweepingCorp.com.
$2000 Sign on Bonus! (Restrictions Apply)
SCA is seeking experienced CDL B drivers with air brake endorsement. The Driver will operate a Broom Sweeper Truck or a Dump Truck/Follow Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities & road construction, etc. The Broom Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste. The Follow Truck will tow an attenuator housing the arrow board, to help divert traffic around the Broom Sweeper.
Benefits of Joining SCA:
- Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Company paid life insurance
- Various voluntary benefits like – short-term/long-term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and additional life insurance
- Paid vacation time & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunity
- Weekly pay on Fridays, if hourly status
- On Demand Pay (through Ceridian: Dayforce) – Get paid as you earn!
- Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck, Pre-trip and Post-trip.
- Review scheduled routes assigned, be proactive in asking questions if route is unclear.
- Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck.
- Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted while maintaining quality of work.
- Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
- Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
- Over-night travel may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- CDL Class B
- Clean Driving record
- DOT Medical Card
- Requires work performed in outdoor environments/exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ ), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time. Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The protection of your personal data is important to us. We will only use your data in the application process and your data is not sold or used for any other purpose.
Sweeping Corporation of America is an at-will employer and is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nashville, TN, USA