Dispatch - Site Support
Our dedicated industry experts have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit: www.SweepingCorp.com.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The dispatcher's job is to route and schedule drivers to deliver sweeping and other SCA services per customer specification.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND EXPERIENCE THE GREAT BENEFITS WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- On Demand Pay (through Ceridian: Dayforce) – Get paid as you earn!
- Extensive benefit offerings including, Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company paid life insurance
- Various voluntary benefits like – short-term/long-term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and additional life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Weekly pay on Fridays
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the most efficient routes with drivers to target cost-effective delivery of service options that meet customer requirements.
- Daily review of work orders to coordinate resource deployment.
- Monitor driver daily logs for errors or violations of company procedures
- Monitoring drivers' working hours and equipment availability.
- Monitor driver progress, processing orders and managing driver concerns.
- Answer phones and dispatch instructions when drivers need assistance.
- Review previous day /weeks’ services completed to validate delivery
- Work with billing to ensure record of services back-up for invoice creation/generation
- Use of computer software and excel for efficient routing, scheduling and verification.
- Maintain awareness of weather of all your drivers' locations to flag potential issues.
- Dispatch drivers with knowledge of DOT regulations to ensure drivers are compliant and safe on the job
- Maintain all records
- Use good judgement in decision-making and escalate issues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 previous experience as dispatch or scheduler experience preferably in the transportation industry
- Excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language to ensure drivers understand their instructions.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational abilities are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.
Sweeping Corp is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Sweeping Corporation of America is Proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fairless Hills, PA, USA