District Fleet Manager - Gardena, CA ( LA)
Our dedicated industry experts have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit: www.SweepingCorp.com.
District Fleet Manager – Come Grow with Us!
Benefits of working for SCA as a District Fleet Manager:
- Competitive Wage
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Career Advance
- The knowledge that you are working for an industry leader.
District Fleet Manager: Role Description
The District Fleet Manager will be an integral part of the fleet team and will support the day-to-day operations objectives at multiple district shop locations. Operating a safe, productive and costs effective fleet is a key strategy to realizing the sweeping marketplace expansion plans and opportunities at SCA. As such the District Fleet Manager will be a hands-on leadership role responsible for the day-to-day fleet maintenance activities within our district repair shops, mobile technicians, and directly supervising technicians and/or parts coordinators. Key responsibilities will include, overseeing established enterprise fleet safety objectives, local maintenance practices and processes, managing location budgets, as well overseeing parts and repair vendor spend. Furthermore, the District Fleet Manager through regular and constant communication with local management will be able to strategically adapt and focus technicians’ activities to align with the needs and issues that arise from daily operational activities. Finally, the District Fleet Manager must be able to quickly gather facts, assess the situation, and then prioritize the requirements of the operations with the effectiveness of the technicians, delegating urgent tasks into the on-going service and repair schedule and workload.
This Manager must be safety driven, detail-oriented, able to see the larger need beyond the issues, as well as able to communicate clearly within all level of the operational organization. He/she will have high levels of passion, intellect, drive, and energy and will be a self-confident, team-oriented individual with ethics and integrity. This role will report to the District General Manager with regular and indirect support from the Fleet Team. District Fleet Manager will work from a central or primary shop location however will have supervision responsibilities at multiple smaller satellite locations adjacent to the primary facilities. This will require regular weekly travel to satellite locations with occasional over-night travel to follow-up with remote technicians.
Key Responsibilities of our District Fleet Manager
· Be a driving force and advocate for the safety vision, and service and repair practices within all aspect of fleet maintenance. This includes ensuring our telematics GPS and cameras systems are reporting/operational for operation and respond and repair non-reporting units.
· Be able to clearly communicate and/or report issues related to the fleet with operational leadership.
· Be able to assess a technician’s actions and productivity and then coach, mentor, and/or correct as needed. Develop and following through on action items that address issues.
· Be the driving force to continually improve our fleet processes, technician training and education, as well as leveraging other organizational tools and support
· Be an active part of the district operation leadership safety meetings as well as operator/driver training activities as needed as it relates to safe and effective fleet operations.
· Directly manage district fleet staff and technicians, reviewing daily work order activity as well as prioritizing repair activities that align with operational needs.
· Assess the effectiveness of the fleet staff and technician reviewing both written documentation and physical task review/inspections to ensure repair activities are consistent with the safety standards of SCA.
· Be able to set technicians responsibilities and limitations, ensuring they are working within the safety limits of their knowledge and skill set as well as company standards.
· Be able to communicate clearly in both verbal as well as written form and within multiple levels of the organization.
· Perform shop/site inspections/audits assessing overall asset condition as the effectiveness of the current fleet staff and communicate and follow-up on concerns.
· Directly manage ensuring the documentation requirements as they apply to our fleet are adhered to.
· Be responsible for ensuring on-going PMs are prioritized and completed in accordance with enterprise schedules.
· Support and drive to conclusion special projects as defined by leadership.
· Occasionally as needed be able to step into a technician role to perform repairs and other maintenance activities as needed, especially in time of labor shortage situations.
· Regular weekly travel to district sites or geographically located shops and/or work locations with occasional overnight stays required.
Qualifications and Experience needed to be successful as our District Fleet Manager
· Strong track record of safety focused work experience.
· General knowledge of the OSHA and EPA requirements as it relates to maintenance activities and shop safety.
· 5+ years of experience as a technician/mechanic at an equipment or truck repair shop.
· 2+ years of experience in a shop or fleet leadership role that included financial responsibility and accountability, working within a budget, and being able to estimate and communicate the cost of repairs.
· General understanding of the cost drivers within a shop or repair environment, and what steps can be taken to mitigate and manage costs.
· Experience with electronic maintenance work order and PM tracking systems.
· A critical thinker and decisive decision maker who understands the effect of decisions on costs, productivity and reliability.
· High-energy, self-motivated, organized, and able to self-manage time and daily objectives, who can think and assess situations and make critical or strategic decisions.
· General understanding of the federal DOT regulations as it applies to both intrastate and interstate fleets.
· Experience with a wide, geographically operated fleet a plus.
· Proficient communication both verbal and written.
· Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite programs.
· Hold a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to collaborate with teams and organization leaders acting in alignment and support of operational objectives and concerns.
- Pay Type Salary
- Gardena, CA, USA