CDL Driver - Street Sweeping Night Shift Sign On Bonus
Our dedicated industry experts have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit: www.SweepingCorp.com.
$2000 Hiring Bonus , contingent on successful onboarding and employee staying in good standings with the company for 6 months
SCA is seeking experienced CDL B drivers with air brake endorsement. The Driver will operate a Broom Sweeper Truck or a Dump Truck/Follow Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities & road construction, etc. The Broom Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste. The Follow Truck will tow an attenuator housing the arrow board, to help divert traffic around the Broom Sweeper.
As a CDL Driver You Will:
- Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck, Pre-trip and Post-trip.
- Review scheduled routes assigned, be proactive in asking questions if route is unclear.
- Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck.
- Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted while maintaining quality of work.
- Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
- Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
- Over-night travel may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- May stay out of town overnight 2-3 times a month
- Per- Diem pay included for out-of-town work
Basic Qualifications for CDL Driver:
- CDL Class B
- Clean Driving record
- DOT Medical Card
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Requires work performed in outdoor environments/ Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time. Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
Sweeping Corp is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Sweeping Corporation of America is Proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
- Jacksonville, FL, USA