Shop Helper - Mechanics
SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment.
The Shop Assistant is a valuable support role for our operations.
Monday - Friday. 10am to 6:30pm
In this position you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Assist mechanics at their direction (Lift, hold, perform basic function to assist in diagnostic tests)
- All other duties assigned by management
Experience with Diesel engines preferred
- No tools or experience required
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Positive Attitude
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
- Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching, and standing.
Preference will be given to applicants (not required):
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a desire to learn and advance into a mechanic or driver position
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Sweeping Corp is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Sweeping Corporation of America is Proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jacksonville, FL, USA