We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Department: Human Resources
Direct Reports: No
Supervised By: Chief HR Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates HR processes at all office locations. The Coordinator will support the areas of Attorney Recruiting, Professional Development, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and other duties as assigned.
The position will work approximately 37.5 hours per week and may require additional work after regular business hours to attend functions and events on evenings and weekends.
• Assists the Manager of Attorney Recruitment in various administrative capacities to ensure efficient recruiting processes.
• Creates and administers all advertisements for Attorney positions.
• Coordinates all candidate interviews and related logistics, including scheduling, conference room reservations, feedback collection, travel arrangements and reimbursements.
• Maintains updated candidate files and applicant tracking.
• Assists in drafting correspondence related to recruiting efforts, including internal correspondence and outside communications with candidates, law schools, and placement professionals.
• Updates all recruiting-related promotional materials, including the recruiting portion of firm's website and social media sites.
• Administers candidate background checks, assists in the drafting of offer letters, provides support to various departments involved in the recruitment process.
• Attends training, education and development programs to assist in improved performance, personal growth and advancement.
• Assists in coordinating all aspects of the Summer Associate program.
• Organizes and attends the Recruiting Committee meetings.
• Organizes and attends social functions for the Summer Associate program. Creates and prepares invitations to Summer Associates functions. Maintains RSVP lists, communicates with guests, and provides directions to all Summer Associate events.
• Assembles the Summer Associate Orientation Manuals.
• Prepares memos to the firm regarding arrival dates of the Summer Associates.
• Processes all inquiries regarding hiring of Summer Associates.
• Serves as a firm liaison to law school placement directors and other recruitment professionals.
• Completes on-campus interview registration forms for law schools, requests payment for registration fees and coordinates with on-campus interviewers regarding the selection of students.
• Coordinates the callback interviews, including monitoring correspondence, while also ensuring that travel and hotel arrangements are made for the students.
• Schedules attorneys to conduct in-office interviews, lunches, and dinners with candidates for Summer Associate positions.
• Distributes recruiting packets to all law school students prior to on-campus interview dates.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Assist as administrative support for the DEI committee as needed.
• Provide general administrative and operational support to various Firm diversity, equity and inclusion projects and initiatives.
• Provide clerical support by creating, editing, formatting and proofreading reports and communications.
• Maintain diversity, equity and inclusion programs and events calendar. Assist the team with tracking and reporting on the status of projects.
• Coordinating travel for Diversity Director and Diversity Manager.
• Process check requests and prepare expense reports for the Diversity Director and Diversity Manager.
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for internal meetings and presentations, including setting up virtual meetings, reserving conference rooms, and tracking attendance and feedback.
• Support Firm DEI events, coordinate virtual and in-person event planning with business development & marketing, recruitment and professional.
• Provide assistance with client survey submissions.
New Attorney Orientation and Integration
• Interfaces with all administrative units to ensure advance communication about new attorneys.
• Works with Manager of Learning and Development to plan and execute initial comprehensive orientation for all new attorneys.
• Organizes ongoing integration initiatives for all new attorneys.
• Prepare and maintain Individual Development Plan (IDP) files.
• Assists the Manager of Learning and Development with coordination and implementation of mentoring program.
• Assists with the planning and execution of regular mentor/mentee events and initiatives.
• Works with Manager of Learning and Development to coordinate substantive training sessions for attorneys at all levels. Coordinates professional development projects or special initiatives.
• Assist with the preparation and submission of mandatory CLE reports as required to maintain and ensure the Firm’s accredited provider status in key jurisdictions.
• Maintain CLE program files.
• Assists in project-oriented tasks related to attorney training
General HR Operations
• Assists Director of HR Operations, HR Generalist and HRIS Administrator with HRIS functions such as data entry, updates, and reporting.
• Creates and coordinates new employee orientations, administers pre-employment tests, conducts reference checks.
• Assists and performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• 1-3 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional office setting. Prior experience in recruiting, talent development, and diversity preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a relevant field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicates confidently and able to adapt communication methods to meet the needs of each individual.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail. Demonstrates accuracy and confidentiality.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to organize and prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
• Willingness to embrace and learn new skills and resolve issues.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees and applicants.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including creating and utilizing presentations and spreadsheets.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law