Territory Sales Manager
Located in Youngstown, Ohio, GLI Pool Products is one of the industry leaders in the manufacturing of Vinyl Pool Liners and Safety Covers as well as distribution of pool product accessories. GLI sells the majority of its products through wholesale pool distributors shipping throughout the United States and internationally.
Through the use of Lean Manufacturing, GLI has grown its manufacturing divisions every year since its inception in 2006. Lean manufacturing has become a critical aspect of the GLI culture, allowing us to expand our manufacturing capabilities, improve our quality and reduce our lead times to the lowest in the industry.
GLI is committed to delivering our pool products, particularly our custom pool liners and safety covers in 72 hours or less. Predictably fast and flawless delivery is a service our customers have come to expect and here at GLI our culture is to meet or exceed our customers expectations!
GLI has never had a layoff in our companies history!!
Each and every GLI employee is committed to our cause: “Keeping families safe and bringing them together.”
Specific territory: Connecticut, Rhode Island, Long Island, Northern New Jersey
Location base is flexible, though centrally located will reduce overnight travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
Be sure to align the duties with the job descriptions of other positions in the same Home Department minimally
• Work directly with all internal staff and customers to profitably grow GLI sales in all key categories we participate in.
• Become the expert in the territory within the categories we are champions in.
• Effectively communicate and understand all GLI programs and products
• Understand and be able to articulate market sizes, opportunities and competitive influences in the respective marketplace
• Develop and train customers in the measuring and proper installation of safety covers and ln ground liners
• Develop, in conjunction with marketing, sales programs to add value to specific customers and/or geographic area
• Developing an annual plan of growth for each account in conjunction with VP Sales and Marketing, which includes written strategy and tactics and planning
• 7 years or more of sales experience.
Be sure to align the qualifications with the job descriptions of other positions in the same Home Department minimally
• College Degree strongly preferred.
• Trains independent dealers and their personnel on pool measurement skills
• Proactively resolves fit issues with dealers and consumers.
• Represents the company at distributor open houses, regional trade shows, and other events as requested.
• Effectively can conduct and coordinate technical seminars
• Initiates calls on dealers in market areas to promote our programs and products which pulls sales through our distribution network
• Strong visual, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to comprehend and evaluate facts and arrive at a decision consistent with company standards and procedures within authority granted.
• Willingness to learn and grow in your overall job, communication and relationship skills.
• Disciplined enough to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Results focused with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work closely with differing personalities both internally and externally in accomplishing the company’s goal of high-quality customer service and continuous growth and improvement.
• Acceptance and adoption of the Kaizen principles the company employs in improving and growing our sales.
• Perform additional related duties as requested or required.
GLI is a drug free workplace and comprehensive pre-employment drug screens will be conducted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 60
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, August 2, 2021