Patient Accounting-Patient Accounting Registration-FT
PATIENT ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
Job Title: Patient Accounting Registrar
Objective: Primary objective is to provide administrative support within the Department, and or Clinic-wide when requested, adhere to all policies and procedures of Murfreesboro Medical Clinic and meet the needs of our patients in a teamwork approach.
- To have a positive attitude and practice teamwork
- Meet or exceed patient, doctor, and staff expectations through a cooperative
- Assist patients with all insurance issues and billing issues as required by the insurance company and the financial guidelines of the Clinic
- Assist in registration, as well as all other duties of the department
- Verify eligibility of all patients and handle all billing issues and refiling of insurance claims as needed.
- Take all steps necessary to make sure a claim is clean and can be processed by the insurance company in a timely manner.
- Avoid personal telephone calls and personal business during clinic operating hours
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all MMC policies and procedures
Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED required. Experience of at least one year in medical billing required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, ability to be flexible
- Ability to utilize computer systems for the purpose of completing assigned tasks
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Skills in communicating effectively with co-workers, providers and patients
- Skill in effectively role modeling appropriate behavior
- Ability to maintain and effective working relationship with patients ,providers and co-workers
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments and meet deadlines as required
Office setting with possible exposure to communicable diseases
Physical/ Mental Demands
Varied activities including sitting, walking, bending, reaching, lifting and stooping. Ability to lift
35 pounds. Stress with multiple responsibilities.
All representatives of the Patient Accounting Department are expected to:
1) Promote an image of professionalism
2) Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner
3) Focus primarily on providing excellent customer service to our patients
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Main Campus - 1272 Garrison Drive, 1272 Garrison Drive, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States of America