IT Service Technician
The IT Service Technician, under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, provides break/fix services for all servers, computers, printers and other associated peripheral devices. Will be responsible for configuring computers and other peripheral devices to attach to the company’s network, responding to assigned Help Desk calls, basic server maintenance, troubleshooting. Follows departmental policies and procedures and assists in enforcing company Computer/Electronic Communications/Voice Mail policy.
What You Will Do:
- Installs and configures DMG applications on computers as required.
- Provides setup, and configuration of computing peripherals such as printers, CD, DVD read/writers, monitors, scanners, mice, special keyboards, and other equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoots computer and peripheral issues and provides hardware replacement, cleaning or repair as needed.
- Maintains compliance with software licensing and inventory.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level including; installing/upgrading software, implementing file backups, configuration of systems and applications.
- Answers and responds to Help Desk calls and logs name, department, contact and issue(s).
- Perform post-resolution and follow-up to Help Desk calls.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work duties.
- Performs basic networking maintenance functions such as; user creation, assignment of rights and permissions.
- Should be familiar with DHCP, DNS, and IP, network traffic routing, WAN, LAN and internet connectivity. Some knowledge of remote access and VPNs.
- Works closely with both technical and non-technical staff and is required to communicate effectively with both.
- Performs research on technical computer topics as request by IT Director.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What you Will Bring to the Role:
- Combination of education and experience so as to demonstrate proficiency in PC configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Two to three years previous experience including basic networking skills demonstrating ability to connect and configure computers and peripherals to the company network.
- Individual must be outgoing, organized, hardworking, able to follow directions and a team player.
- The successful candidate will be high on customer satisfaction and have good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work both independently and in group settings.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience basic networking skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, November 11, 2021
- 2929 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA