ETL Developer - Remote
East Moline, IL, USA ● Virtual Req #15616
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Looking to join a fast-growing, cutting edge technology company serving customers nationwide? Look no further! TownNews.com, the premier internet hosting provider for media companies in the broadcasting and newspaper industry, seeks a seasoned ETL Developer to join our team in East Moline, Illinois. Can be either local or remote.
• Development of PHP modules to extract and transform data from into and out of
• TownNews.com's BLOX CMS and Rayos CMS
• Solve interesting problems that may require thinking outside-the-box to accomplish development goals
• Research various file formats and daily feeds to be able to build reusable mechanisms for ingestion into the CMS platform
• Communicate proactively with teams of project managers, sales associates and customer support to design and define quality solutions
• Contribute to the evolution of the customer facing development procedures with suggestions for process, documentation and deliverable improvements
• Deliver remarkable customer support experiences by explaining solutions and problems in non-technical terms
• Work with version control systems, deployment workflows, system architects, and QA teams to deliver robust and error free applications
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree or 3 years of development experience using a programming language like
• PHP, Python, Ruby, or Perl
• 3 years’ experience working with ETL, BI or Data Analytics processes and tools desired
• Familiarity with different data formats, NITF a plus
• Customer support or leadership experience desired
• Online development experience using PHP and MySQL or equivalent database technology
• You must be a motivated, driven, and problem solving developer willing to adapt and build large scale solutions
Why Join Us?
TownNews offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
TownNews partners with local media organizations to transform their business models and flourish in the digital age. Our tools and expertise in digital, video, print, connected TV, and advertising enable forward-thinking media organizations in dynamic markets to efficiently engage their audiences, increase security and grow revenue. More than 2,000 news organizations have benefited from our platform and the tools we have built specifically for the media industry to thrive. TownNews is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- East Moline, IL, USA