Advertising Production Supervisor
The Advertising Production Supervisor is responsible for the full production process of ad coordination/communication through the Affinity Portal Ad Hub & Studio design team for all NC region newspapers of Lee Enterprise, LLC, and the special section processing & setting deadlines between the Advertising Director, Special Products Manager & Editor, Advertising Sales and Affinity Express design team. The manager is also the liaison between the Advertising, News and Winston-Salem Journal Plant for the coordination of deadlines for printing and delivery of various products. In addition, the supervisor leads the pagination layout team for the Winston-Salem Journal and News & Record, as well as providing support for contest and event collateral when needed.
- Along with Ad Traffic Coordinator, monitors the communication from the Affinity Portal Design team and sales team.
- Provides troubleshooting and accounts for all ads on deadline daily, as well as special sections.
- Manages production of special sections & magazines from sales end to final page delivery to printer.
- Detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee trafficking of advertisements and editorial materials, in conjunction with prepress vendors and printers.
- Work alongside the Special Products team to coordinate creative direction, content creation and inclusion in all Market publications.
Design of the Tributes sections.
- WSJ Tributes sections – 6 times per year
- GNR Tributes sections – 6 times per year
- GNR Sunday Plus SMC production weekly product
- WSJ Local Flavor TMC production weekly product
- WSJ Sunday Direct SMC production weekly product
- Setting advertising deadlines for special sections and holidays:
Run searches of outstanding ads for daily & special sections deadlines Proofreading/editing alongside editor and sales manager of magazines
- Support Advertising sales team through creation of sales sheets, mock-ups, media kits, direct mail and e-marketing to assist in sales activities.
- E-Tearsheets support/liaison – upload missing pages and special sections
- Is the on-call after business hours for ad problems CEC & Lee Design Center teams.
- Serve as the contact for production-related questions from sales teams, production plant, outside printers and News team.
- Assists WS Prepress with problem files from internal and commercial customers.
- Serve as liaison between Lee Special Publications and Lee Design Center of daily ads and final page approval, holiday deadline notification forms.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Project Management and Graphic Design or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in production
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably with publications focus with multiple projects published ranging from daily to yearly
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, proactively identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget while delivering a high degree of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience utilizing databases to monitor and track product statuses
- Exemplary organization and proofing skills are required.
- Must provide excellent client service and have the ability to offer recommendations for improving structure/image of documents if needed outside of following company standards.
- Experience creating, organizing, and maintaining orderly electronic file folders required.
- • Energy, initiative and drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- • Actively participates in creating and maintaining a work environment and culture that fosters team spirit with a focus on the achievement of growth and profit objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills—the individual builds relationships with colleagues at all levels and third-party vendors; has the ability to work with minimal supervision in a professional, courteous manner while demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
- Customer service orientation—the individual has a passion for meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external customers and will be a strong team player.
- Excellent oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Lee Enterprise employees, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and ability to read and interpret written information; writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Time management—the individual prioritizes and plans multiple work activities to meet deadlines, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully to identify solutions
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is self-motivated, consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- The News & Record, 3001 S Elm-Eugene St, Greensboro, North Carolina, United States of America
- Winston-Salem Journal-Offc, 418 N Marshall St, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America