The Benefit Coordinator will support the Dayforce benefit administration system, employee benefit program processing, questions and administration, benefit billing and reporting, as well as assist with government compliance filings.
- Process health and welfare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSAs, COBRA) plan eligibility for employees/former employees based on plan policies and procedures.
- Answer phones and assist with employee questions regarding their eligibility status, Qualified Life Events, and other benefit related situations; assist with general HR policy questions.
- Process qualified life events in Dayforce system and facilitate changes with Payroll department.
- Process FMLA and leave of absence paperwork, update Dayforce system and claim follow-up as needed.
- Process conversion and portability requests for Life Insurance and Disability.
- Support annual benefit open enrollment.
- Reconcile and pay all monthly benefit invoices – (examples include: medical, dental, life, disability, EAP, FSA)
- Conduct audits of all bills to confirm enrollment, changes, terminations and Dayforce benefit premium updates.
- EDI vendor file error resolution
- Assist with benefit plan government compliance filing such as ACA reporting, MA HIRD, 401k Audit, Non-discrimination testing, and others as needed.
- Perform ad hoc reporting from Ceridian Dayforce system; generate custom reports from system and in Excel.
- Provide ad hoc assistance with deferred compensation mailings and benefits department filing.
- Provide back-up support for Wellness and Employee Benefits Manager and Director of Retirement and Non-qualified plans when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in employee benefits plan administration.
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not required.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong computer skills (Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Must have experience with benefit administration systems/Human Capital Management Systems; preferably Ceridian Dayforce.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
Ability to work well individually and as a team; ability to work virtually
Note: The above list is intended to depict the current major responsibilities of the position. Changes in responsibilities can be expected as the needs of JMS change.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America