Equity Retail Trader
The Equity Retail Trader will work in Janney’s Wealth Management department as a part of the PCG Trading Equity Team. This individual will be responsible to provide timely and accurate execution of trades as well as support for Janney Financial Advisors in regards for Equities, Options, and Exchange Traded Funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists and executes orders for Equities, Options and Exchange Traded Funds.
- Reviews and assists Senior Trader in the implementation of general and administrative issues, relevant to the department.
- Reviews all activity for accuracy of account information.
- Ensures correct ticket entry and order routing. Maintains communication with sales desk and assists in resolving any settlement issues.
- Monitors all daily electronic trading activity and determines where certain trades should be routed for execution.
- Handles a high volume of inbound trading and service related calls
- Reconciles daily and/or monthly reports, as assigned.
- Ensures FA service satisfaction and proactively seeks ways to improve desk service to the field.
- Understands current market structure and regulatory environment to mitigate firm risk
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and financial regulatory concerns to minimize risk to clients and Janney
Identify improvements to process and technology to enhance control environment and streamline workflows
- High ethical standards and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with competing demands for resources
- Demonstrate an interest/knowledge in financial markets
- Sound time management skills
- Collaborative spirit and a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of experience trading Equities, Options, and ETFs.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (Series 57 preferred but not required)
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America