Equity Research Associate
The Equity Research Associate will conduct fundamental analysis on a select group of companies in the Depository sector. This individual will help develop and publish written investment recommendations for these companies based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information, including review of public documents, annual reports, trade journals, networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management. Additionally, this individual will focus on providing value-added research in support of an experienced Senior Analyst for a period of time to be determined. Responsibilities include financial modeling, writing industry & company reports, talking with industry contacts/company management, and communicating investment ideas to institutional and retail clients, salespeople and traders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with select company management in the Depository sector.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation and industry models leveraging skills in accounting and finance.
- Research and write reports while responding to requests for data, information and calls from internal and external clients.
- Provide support to Research Analyst in the depository sector, including field research and company interviews.
- Keep abreast of industry-related news flow.
- Regularly interact with equity sales force.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; finance, economics or accounting degree preferred but other majors with strong technical skills and accounting knowledge will be considered.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred but not required – recent college graduates will be considered.
- Direct experience with financial modeling and valuation and strong analytical, forecasting and financial modeling skills required.
- MBA, CPA and/or CFA certifications are a plus but not required. Strong understanding of accounting concepts required.
- Must have intellectual curiosity and a passion for equity research.
- Able to draft in-depth research reports as well as shorter maintenance notes.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Tableau software, Blue Matrix, and Bloomberg is a plus.
- Have a strong grasp of valuation concepts and residual income valuation models.
- Possess excellent communications skills.
- Able to sit for Series 7 and 63 and within 6 months from date of hire.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1475 W Peachtree St NE #800, Atlanta, GA 30361, USA