Investment Banking Intern
Here at Janney, we live our values. We deliver, with integrity, financial services to our clients to help them meet their investment, retirement and business goals. Our professional, respectful and team-oriented culture helps us to keep people at the center which has allowed us to exceed the expectations of our clients for over 185 years. This is who we are, this is what we do as we strive to be the highest standard of success in financial relationships.
Janney’s Corporate Internship Program is a 10-week paid opportunity beginning June 6 – August 12, 2022 for students entering their senior year of undergraduate study who are on track to graduate in Spring/Summer 2023.
Interns in the Financial Institutions Group of Janney’s Investment Banking department within the Capital Markets division will serve as members of merger and acquisition and capital raising transaction teams, assisting in drafting information memoranda, developing management and investor presentations and facilitating the deal process from start to finish. Interns also play an important role in creating and analyzing financial and valuation models, developing client presentations and conducting industry and other financial research. Within the Financial Institutions Group, the Interns’ work will be mostly focused around Janney’s broad base of depository’s investment banking clients.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to work beyond a full-time (37.5 hours/week) work schedule
- Application deadline is 10/31/21.
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- Exceptional research, analytical and quantitative reasoning skills
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and motivation
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a project or deadline-driven environment
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively and be a contributing member of the team
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and quickly grasp concepts and information to apply to work assignments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Visual Basic or Bloomberg preferred
- Desire for a career in the financial services industry
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited college/university and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a rising Senior (graduating in Spring 2023)
- Finance, Accounting, Business, and Economics majors preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job End Date Sunday, October 31, 2021
- Philadelphia, PA, USA