Asst. Swim Lesson Instructor
ASSOCIATION ASSISTANT SWIM LESSONS INSTRUCTOR – Various shifts and locations available
Do you love the water and making a difference? We're looking to add swim lesson instructors to our growing staff. Working for the YMCA comes with some great perks.
•Training is provided
•FREE YMCA of Greater Indianapolis membership
•Childcare is provided for some shifts
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator and/or Aquatic Director, the Assistant Swim Lesson Instructor will provide safe and challenging classes according the YMCA and safety guidelines.
Minimum of 14 years of age
Demonstrates emotional maturity and judgment.
Has the ability to swim as determined by passing a swim test. (Test consists of being able to complete the strokes in which you will be instructing, able to tread water for at least 2 minutes, etc.)
Maintain current First Aid certification or obtain within 60 days of employment.
Once turning 16 years (recommended age for completion of HCP CPR according to the American Heart Association), obtain current Lifeguard or Aquatic Safety Assistant certification or be able to obtain one within 90 days.
Ability to obtain YMCA certifications such as Basic Swim Lesson Instructor and/or Water Fitness Instructor.
Current certifications or ability to obtain New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention and Safety and Risk Management within 60-90 days of employment.
For more information please contact Tayan Marshall-McDowell at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tarah Harris at email@example.com
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baxter Center, 7900 S Shelby St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Benjamin Harrison Center, 5736 Lee Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Fishers Center, 9012 E 126th Street, Fishers, Indiana, United States of America
- Hendricks Regional Health Center, 301 Satori Parkway, Avon, Indiana, United States of America
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Irsay Family Center, 430 S Alabama St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Jordan Center, 8400 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- OrthoIndy Foundation Center, 5315 Lafayette Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Ransburg Center, 501 N Shortridge Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Westfield Center, 144 South Union, Westfield, Indiana, United States of America