Hendricks Regional Health- Program Instructor II-Dance/Tumbling Mon/Wed 5-8pm
The Program Instructor II-Dance will be primarily responsible for planning and implementing curriculum/related activities and instruction and providing quality leadership and supervision in dance classes, while maintaining a safe, non-competitive environment for YMCA members.
- A minimum of 18 years of age and a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience instructing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of skills/techniques used in dance preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate basic technique and form.
- Ability to communicate with preschool to middle school aged children.
- Visually inspect participation space for safety.
- Maintain current certifications in First Aid, Safety & Risk Management, Child Abuse Prevention and New Employee Orientation or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Supervise participants during class in order to ensure safety.
- Introduce yourself and make efforts to recognize members on subsequent visits.
- Develop and maintain relationships that promote the building of small communities.
- Create a motivating environment that is friendly and non-competitive.
- Arrive for shift on time and dressed appropriately following the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis dress code.
- Assist in the set-up and take down of equipment (if applicable to the class).
- Assist/lead class in a safe warm-up.
- Be attentive and ready to assist participants on all skills.
- Provide positive and instructional feedback to participants on skill attempts.
- Provide coverage for classes in case of your absence and notify the Program Coordinator.
- Provide safe programs and environment for all participants, volunteers and staff.
- Be a positive role model and conduct self in accordance with the YMCA Mission.
- Incorporate and encourage the use of the YMCA core values.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and training offered.
- Actively participate in the Invest-In-Youth annual campaign.
- Assist with other projects or activities as needed.
- Acquaint members with other YMCA programs and benefits.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV1
- Pay Type Hourly
- 301 Satori Pkwy, Avon, IN 46123, USA