Preschool - Asst. Teacher
Under the administration and direction of the Preschool Teacher, the Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting with the operation of the Preschool program, in the designated classroom. This includes the planning and teaching of curriculum, ensuring the safety, growth and development of the program participants, and communicating effectively with the children, parents and other YMCA personnel.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in early childhood setting and 1-2 years early childhood education (or completion of requirements for the CDA certification) preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and development and specific knowledge in preschool curriculum and age-appropriate activities, crafts and music.
- Ability to relate to the developmental needs of youth ages 2-5 is essential.
- Experience and ability to communicate with children, parents & YMCA personnel effectively.
- Maintain current certifications in First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention training, Safety & Risk Management training, New Employee Orientation and other training required for YMCA youth workers within 60-90 days of employment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children, families and staff.
- Understand and demonstrate the YMCA’s goals, philosophy and possess the YMCA core values.
- Must have a willingness to learn and work under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.00
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00
- 3908 Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46205, USA
- Avon, IN, USA
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
- Greenwood, IN, USA
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Lebanon, IN 46052, USA
- McCordsville, IN 46055, USA