OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA- Program Coordinator II- Aquatics
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Program Coordinator II position will assist in the development and administration of the department. This includes but is not limited to: program development and promotion, implementation and evaluation, staff scheduling, training and supervision, monitoring safety practices and adherence to standards and financial operation in accordance with Center and Association goals, objectives and policies. The Program Coordinator II must understand his/her role in helping build relationships and a small community atmosphere among our members.
- A high school diploma preferred, or its equivalent in work experience, a minimum 3-4 years of aquatic experience and minimum 21 years old.
- Exemplary human motivational and relationship skills and supervisory skills needed.
- Ability to interpret program objectives to members, participants and volunteers, and have the ability to provide communications within and between communities and organizations.
- Has the ability to swim as determined by passing a swim test. (Test consists of being able to complete the strokes in which you will be instructing, able to tread water for at least 2 minutes, etc.)
- Current certifications in HCP, First Aid, Lifeguard (obtain within 90 days of employment), YMCA Basic Swim Lessons and/or Water Fitness Instructor. Position requires continual pursuit of further education/training in aquatics, including trainer level.
- Must be capable of establishing and maintaining positive relationships with staff, parents, program participants, and the general public.
- Must be able to work as a team member and possess the core values that meet the YMCA mission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children, family and YMCA staff.
- Ability to obtain YMCA New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Safety & Risk Management and other designated training within 60-90 days of employment.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV2
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.14
- Max Hiring Rate $15.17
- 5315 Lafayette Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46254, USA