YD EL Preschool - Teacher
The Teacher I will be responsible for directing all aspects of the assigned classroom program for the YMCA Preschool Program, including but not limited to, executing the curriculum, assisting with Preschool Program events, communicating with parents and volunteers and working with the Preschool department team to provide a safe and nurturing program for children.
· Must be at least 21 years old and have a minimum two years experience in early childhood education or have completed requirements for the CDA certification with one year experience in early childhood education.
· Must have a knowledge of children ages 2-6 and an understanding of their needs and development.
· Specific knowledge in preschool curriculum, specifically age-appropriate crafts, music, literature and group activities.
· Must have experience in supervising children, staff and handling conflict situations with parents and staff.
· Must be capable of establishing and maintaining positive relationships with staff, parents, program participants, and with the general public.
· Must be able to work as a team member and possess the core values that meet the YMCA mission.
· Maintain current certifications in CPR AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, Safety & Risk management and other training required for YMCA Preschool employees within 60-90 days of employment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children, family and YMCA staff.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV2
- Pay Type Hourly
- Avon, IN, USA
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
- Greenwood, IN, USA
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Lebanon, IN 46052, USA