Account Manager, Business Partnerships
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization is seeking a Senior Specialist, Business Partnerships for the Business Development department. This position will manage corporate and institutional relationships and partnerships with existing corporate accounts that range from major program sponsors, promotional cause-marketing partners and trademark licensing relationships, and support overall corporate engagement and brand visibility efforts. Supports the Business Development side of the Business Partnerships team as needed to advance the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and corporate partner objectives.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing partnership activation and fulfillment for national campaign and program sponsors, cause marketing partners, licensees, philanthropic institutional donors, and more to increase fundraising support for the HSUS, with oversight from supervisor;
- Serving as main point of contact for all day-to-day partnerships needs for assigned corporate partners. Responding to new business partnership inquiries and evaluating their viability;
- Overseeing partnership fulfillment and tracking. Developing partnership reports as needed. Shepherding partnership announcements, content, activations, etc. through internal review and approval process. Tracking status and communicating to partners approvals/revisions/feedback on an ongoing basis;
- Drafting and routing contracts for business partnerships. Completing institutional award applications as directed. Handling invoicing for assigned business partnerships. Recording partnership activities in a database accurately and in a timely manner;
- Helping to manage budgets for partnership activations and fulfillments. Preparing renewal strategies and drafting term sheets and proposals as directed for partnership renewals. Providing timely performance and revenue reports to supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or another related degree, or equivalent work experience, required;
- A minimum of four (4) or more years of experience in a very fast paced, dynamic environment on a corporate development team for a non-profit or in an agency setting required;
- Experience in customer or client management, partnerships, cause marketing, sponsorship, fundraising, or related field preferred;
- Experience using a project management system, JIRA, and CRM databases preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with corporate giving practices and trends, familiar with brand marketing, PR, social media, experiential promotions, and creative approaches to bring partnerships to life;
- Demonstrated ability in relationship management. Able to build relationships across sectors and teams, at every level of an organization;
- Experience in content development and ability to communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, and in person;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
- Capable of representing the HSUS, as appropriate, at partner functions, industry conferences. Etc;
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence, demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
Submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
This position is located in the DC Metro Area- Remote Eligible
- Gaithersburg, MD, USA