Senior Attorney - Energy
Albany, NY, USA
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Location: Capital District Preferred
Harris Beach PLLC’s Energy Industry Team continues to grow and is looking to add more experienced attorneys to the team. These senior attorneys will assist clients with various legal and regulatory issues in the Energy industry, as well as work with corporate and individual clients on a wide range of matters involving alternative and renewable energy, project development, regulatory compliance and litigation, civil and administrative enforcement, permitting, and dispute resolution.
- Assist in representing clients with regulatory matters before state and federal administrative agencies
- Assist with pre-application procedures, filing, permitting for various regulatory agencies
- Research current federal and state statutes and agency regulations/orders affecting regulated industries
- Draft memoranda of law and pleadings, as necessary
- 5+ years of general regulatory and/or litigation experience in Energy law preferred
- Must be admitted in New York (or ability to waive in)
- Possess the ability to juggle multiple priorities and be adaptable and responsive in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Must have excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.