Description: This position is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate completion and delivery of bills for assigned billing attorneys.
- Distributes monthly proformas to assigned billing attorneys for review.
- With billing attorneys’ approval, processes reviewed proformas including edits, transfers and adjustments.
- Generates, processes, and mails client invoices, including any billing correspondence requested by attorneys.
- Prepares and verifies the successful submission of electronic invoices and the accuracy of supporting billing documentation as required.
- Resolves electronic billing rejections and responds to requests from clients for further information.
- Provides billing research for current and past bills.
- Monitors all work-in-progress (WIP) and assists billing attorneys with minimizing unbilled WIP.
- Conducts detailed analysis of accounting and billing issues to reconcile any discrepancies.
- Answers client/attorney inquiries regarding invoices and accounts receivable balances.
- Contacts client by telephone or mail regarding past due balances.
- Works cooperatively with collections staff and assist with accounts receivable issues to minimize credit balances.
- Answers and responds to billing questions promptly, meeting with attorneys if necessary..
- Provides back-up assistance as needed to firm-wide billing coordinators.
- Researches billing statements, compiles end-of-the-month reports of all bills processed, and enters data into billing system.
- Applies client payments to files.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
- Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs.
- Participates in professional organizations and reading of current literature.
- Understands and complies with all applicable Firm policies, procedures, values and philosophies.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Business or Finance
- 5+ years accounting, billing or finance experience in a legal environment
- Electronic billing experience, including split billing, discount and alternate fee arrangements, preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and systems information skills.
- Ability to compile and analyze and present data in a user-friendly format.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and customer service-oriented.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Excellent client service and listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization.
- Exercises sound independent judgment under minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work independently as well as coordinate with a Team.
- Military experience welcome.
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Albany, NY, USA