Associate - Commercial Real Estate
Description: Harris Beach PLLC seeks a commercial and transactional attorney to join our talented team who is well organized, detail oriented and adaptable with the willingness and ability to learn and implement a defined prioritization system. The successful candidate will have some transactional and commercial real estate experience, and general management of case files. Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required. This is an exciting and challenging position that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Draft purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, deeds, etc. for commercial real estate transactions.
- Review due diligence, monitor contingencies, review and prepare title objections, survey and environmental reviews, closing documents and wire transfers.
- Coordinate and review title commitments and policies, UCC, judgment and lien searches, surveys, site plans and leases.
- Supervise pre- and post-closing matters, including preparation of documents for recording / filing
- Communicate with clients, banks, attorneys and additional parties involved with the closing and filings of all transactions.
- Coordinate and direct the review, management and preparation of commercial leasing documentation.
- Review and negotiate leases.
- Review and monitor agreements with developers, approval of conditions required prior to draw disbursement and developer payment.
- Draft and review initial documentation, obtain approvals, modify documents as necessary and coordinated document execution.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in transactional and commercial real estate required
- Must demonstrate a commitment to exceptional client service
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation
- Must be admitted in New York
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates.
Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pittsford, NY 14534, USA