Senior Network Engineer
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of Senior Network Engineer in Washington, DC. A Network Engineer is expected to be a network professional with experience in complex data and telecommunications systems design, development, management, and evaluation. Provides full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
Great team player with positive attitude, has VERY good Visio documentation skill and possess exceptionally high customer service skill and commitment to excellent customer support.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and MAN Infrastructure
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco network equipment for LAN/WAN solutions
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Conduct Site Survey and Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects & O&M as required.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Problem solving abilities and analytical thinking will be required to work around unforeseen issues
- Excellent communication skills (oral, presentation, and written)
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need. Some after hours On-call support and travel maybe required.
Travel approximately 10-25%
5-7 years of experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
CCNA Routing and Switching or, CCNP preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Wide Area Networks
- Large-Scale Network Exp. with MPLS and BGP
- Experience with building out network, Design/Documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of network management, and security standards and industry best practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols,
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience deploying QoS in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
Must have SECRET Clearance with the Ability to obtain a Top
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington, DC, USA