Founded in 2008, Hightower is a wealth management firm that provides investment, financial and retirement planning services to individuals, foundations and family offices, as well as 401(k) consulting and cash management services to corporations. Hightower’s capital solutions, operational support services, size and scale empower its vibrant community of independent-minded wealth advisors to grow their businesses and help their clients achieve their vision of “well-th. rebalanced.” Based in Chicago with advisors across the U.S., the firm operates as a registered investment advisor (RIA).
Your Future Team
The Data Management team at Hightower is passionate (and slightly obsessive) about data! Data integration, data storage, data analytics/visualization, data security – data is all we do! We are a group of intelligent, fun, and highly driven, data and database analysts, developers, and administrators. From query development to integration and workflow design to dashboard creation, we get to design and support the most critical data solutions that drive our business forward.
We are seeking a Data Specialist to join our team!
Someone who (like us) is passionate about working with data. The ideal candidate will have background and experience with data projects and a strong understanding of SQL queries and data/database structures and principles. The data specialist is someone who possesses the skillset to perform both data analysis and development to troubleshoot and resolve data problems. We will provide additional training necessary for the data specialist to become an expert member of our team.
Your Key Qualities
- Adaptable. Our team members have the instinctive need to achieve objectives despite the hurdles that may come along the way. We are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are adaptable to constant change.
- Dependable. We commit to consistently deliver high quality work on time and have high expectations of ourselves and each other.
- Creative. We are always striving for new and better ways to meet an objective, so we encourage outside of the box thinking.
- Driven. Be motivated to become a difference maker within our team.
What You’ll Do
- Support and development of our SQL Server and Snowflake data platforms
- Tableau support, administration, and development
- Data integration support for MuleSoft, SQL Server and SSIS
- Investigate and resolve data discrepancies when they arise
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS/CS/Data related field
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a technical team on data projects (SQL Server, Tableau, Data Integration etc.)
- Exceptional SQL Server query development skills and a strong understanding of database principles
- Demonstrated sense of logic, creativity, decision making and problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task and develop high quality solution under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SSIS, MuleSoft, Tableau, Snowflake and/or master data management (MDM) a plus
What We Offer
- Coverage on the first day of employment for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Matching Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student Loan Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (FSA, Pre-tax transportation, HSA Employer Contributions)
- Hybrid Model Work Schedule (50% in office)
- Flexible PTO Plan
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Hightower is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related), gender identity or expression, genetic information including sickle cell or hemoglobin C trait, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA