$15.72-$17.86 PER HOUR
The purpose of this position is to assist the Home, Health and Beauty Manager with the presentation and profitability of the Home, Health and Beauty department and to ensure the quality, freshness and product assortment is maintained. This person will be assisting and supporting the Home Health and Beauty Manager in tasks such as cleaning, ordering and filling shelves, checking in vendors, requesting tags and signs, completing inventory tasks, all while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
· Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services provided by the Home, Health and Beauty department
· Assists the Home, Health and Beauty Manager with the successful operation of the HHB Department.
· Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory levels, appropriate product assortment and merchandise and anticipating customer demands
· Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
· Maintain acceptable shelf and display conditions by stocking, cleaning, and rotating product
· Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services in the Home Health and Beauty Department
· Reports customer suggestions, comments and complaints to appropriate management
· Knows store layout and be aware of products in other departments to assist customers as needed
· Resolves customer issues, answers questions and provides follow through to ensure positive customer experience.
· Rotates and pulls out of date product from the shelves.
· Assist with building and constructing department end-cap displays, including promotions, seasonal, and sale merchandise in a timely clean and neat fashion
· Assists Home Health and Beauty Manager with inventory and ordering product to meet the needs of the store based on past and projected sales
· Teaches, mentors and educates associates to help them be successful members of the team
· Sets a professional and positive example to others
· Communicates openly and frequently with the Home Health and Beauty Manager
· Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation and productivity are maintained
· Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
· Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
· Consistent and daily interaction with customers
· Consistent and daily interaction with vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; 1 years of grocery or other retail experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Basic math skills, computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to pass training courses and/or certifications such as forklift certification, and maintain compliance by keeping certifications up to date
· Must be creative and artistic in order to create visually appealing merchandising displays
· Understanding of product rotation
· Must enjoy working with and handling home, health and beauty products
· Should have knowledge of health and beauty care products
· Ability to interpret policies and procedures
· Excellent organization and planning skills
· Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
· Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
· Must be confidential
· Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
· Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
· Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
· Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
· Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
- Job Family HHB
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1750 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA